Wednesday 16 May 2018

Flowers, flowers, flowers!!

Could it be that summer is here at last? I'm getting excited as my hols are coming up soon & I'm just hoping that the weather is going to be kind as we're having a "staycation" this year. So I've been out in my garden lately too tidying up after our vicious winter & seeing what has survived so I guess that's what has filled my head with flowers. I just love these stamp sets from Imagine Design Create which I will be using in my afternoon workshop at IDC on Tuesday 19th June. Here's what I've come up with.


Here I've white embossed onto a craft paper gift bag & coloured with water colour pencils which I find give a stronger colour on craft card/paper but I haven't activated with water.


This is a 5 x 5 card & I've stamped each flower with different shades of Memento ink pads, cutting them out & after giving them a little shaping I've layered them together with 3D foam pads.  I've also stamped the background with the smaller flowers & paler shades of Memento.


Now this one was a "happy accident"! I stamped the flowers onto a background I'd made earlier (in true Blue Peter fashion!) using Versafine Onyx Black. Unfortunately me being my usual impatient self I smudged the black ink but then I thought "Do you know what? I like that!" So I smudged a bit more & got more of a grungy effect which is more me anyway. When I layered onto black card it really "popped"! What do you think?



OK enough for now here are the 2 sets I've used click on the link below all the other fab products from IDC. Bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment