Tuesday 10 January 2017

Tiger, Tiger Burning Bright...


 I been meaning to "do" this frame for ages & as I've been on a upcycling roll lately I finally got to it. Now the frame itself, a plain brown card one, has been languishing in a drawer for a while.The beautiful 3D tiger picture was given to me by Mr Frosty for my birthday last year, (he knows how I love tigers!). It's the front of a notebook but it seemed such a shame not to do something more with it hence the frame.

I used a selection of Stix2 products in the transformation of the frame so here's what I did.


Here are the Stix2 products I used.


Firstly I scrunched up some Stix2 tissue paper & stuck it to the frame using Stix2 PVA glue to give texture. I then left this over night to dry.

 Next I gave it a coat of black gesso & left this to dry.


I used the new Stix2 2in1 Glue pen on the texture created by the tissue paper. I applied the glue & then left it to go really tacky (about 1/2 hour) . At this stage it's great to use with Stix2  Transfer Foils in gold, copper & green.


The foliage for the jungle look came from  Sizzix Tim Holtz "Wildflowers" Thinlets die set. I took a piece of plain black card & randomly applied Creative Expressions Metallic Gilding Polish in Citrus Green & Mediterranean Blue & then cut with the dies. The Stix2 glue pen was really great for sticking the flowers in place as it has such a lovely fine nib. 
I mounted the tiger onto Stix2 tinted card in black  & the whole thing was assembled using Stix2 polyester ultra sticky tape.

No comments:

Post a Comment