Friday 20 January 2017

Faux Leather

 Now I know I'm about a million years behind everyone else in the craft world in trying this but I've had everything ready to do it for ages.... just time which has been lacking! I'm talking about the gorgeous faux leather technique which has been around for a while I know but I stumbled across a tutorial by Sheena Douglas a while back & was all fired up to have a go. Here's the link if you want to have a go. 
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=sheena+douglass+faux+leather


I made 2 pieces to start off with, a brown piece ( Tea Dye, Vintage Photo & Walnut Stain Distress Inks) & a red piece ( Barn Door, Fired Brick & Walnut Stain). They have both been embossed with folders & sprayed at the end with Crafters Companion spray shine. I've made a holder for my masks with the brown piece but haven't done anything with the red yet- I expect I shall take it out of the drawer from time to time & stroke it for now anyway ! Don't tell me you don't do that too!! Bye for now!  






No comments:

Post a Comment