Tuesday 12 January 2016

Brushos Meet Dreamweaver!

Now I got to thinking the other day, like you do, what if....? What if you sprinkled Brusho powders onto wet embossing paste, would it be wet enough to activate the colours? The answer is "Yes" & success to varying degrees. Only some pigments activated & these tended to be the lighter colours. You can risk a very light spray with water from a good height  & I also found that when the piece was absolutely dry you could wet areas which were too dark with a brush & gently blot some of the colour away. Interesting! I simply taped the stencil down & pasted with white embossing powder. Next untape 3 sides & carefully lift the stencil to check the image is OK then replace the stencil & very lightly sprinkle with the chosen powders. Now remove the stencil & leave to dry thoroughly. I did add a little crystal glitter to the crimson & blue design- couldn't resist! The other thing you need to consider is the choice of stencil. It can't be too fussy or detailed, large open areas are best. Here I've used Dreamweaver stencils "Heron" & "Maple Branch" with matt white embossing paste.






4 comments:

  1. Nice stuff Debs, it may be true to say that you're enjoying the Brushos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julia although I do need to "step away from the Brushos" now before I start the book "101 Ways to use Brushos"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Julia although I do need to "step away from the Brushos" now before I start the book "101 Ways to use Brushos"!

    ReplyDelete