Friday 24 July 2015

A Touch of Sunshine


Materials used:-
JGS251 Gerbera
JGCL570 Something to Say
Dreamweaver Color Solutions inks
Woodware Pastel Selection embossing powders
Tombow pens
Stampendous Chunky white
Frosted lace Stickles
A5 craft card blank
Watercolour paper
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Liberty Craft
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth
EX8 1PT
01395 273238
libertycraft33@yahoo.co.uk
A touch of sunshine- that's what we could all do with in this very iffy summer of ours isn't it? I just love this single gerbera stamp from Jane Gill so much so that I've masked & stamped it 3 times! I've used a handy Stix2 product for my masking (A4 masking sheet), it's got a low tack sticky backing so you can use your mask again & again. I've embossed my 3 flowers with the yellow powder from the set & then I flicked a range of Color Solutions inks around the flowers. When I was satisfied I coloured the flowers with Tombow pens. The sentiment (Something to Say) & the butterfly (borrowed from Stampendous "Build a Bouquet") have been stamped with Brilliance Black. Now you know it's law that all butterflies have to have the Stickles treatment  but I didn't want too much sparkle so that's why I chose the more muted Frosted Lace. I have sprinkled some chunky white powder in places & heated from below to add some highlights. I wanted to keep the watercolour effect so I chose not to trim the tear off edge from the pad. I'm really pleased with the result of this design hope you'll like it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment