Monday 2 March 2015

Chosen by Jane-The Pointillist Technique


Materials used:-
JGS368 Periwinkles
JGS379 Everyday Verse
Brilliance Graphite Black
Micron 05 Pigma pens (shades 24,21,32,230)
White spotty polka dot ribbon
Mauve & purple Bazil paper
A5 white card blank
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Liberty Craft
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth EX8 1PT
01395 273238
We have our second designer challenge this month as chosen by Jane Gill. Jane has chosen the "Pointillist" technique which is  a technique of painting in which small, distinct dots of colour are applied in patterns to form an image. 

 Mine is an all Jane card this week as I have chosen "Periwinkles" which I have stamped onto  lilac Bazil paper before "colouring" with dots using Micron pens. These are ideal for this as they have such a fine point. I didn't think I would, but I really enjoyed this technique. Keeping it simple & clean I've just layered onto darker card added the sentiment & some ribbon before attaching to the card blank. (Don't you just love it when Blogger does ridiculous things like this & you can't undo it!!)










2 comments:

  1. I'll have to try this technique, it's really effective. And this stamp is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't think I'd like it but I found it quite therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete