Friday 8 August 2014

Woodware Retailer Challenge- A Midsummer's Day

 
Materials used:-
FRS254 Curly Leaves
JGCL575 Delightful Verse
Stampendous Detail Gold embossing powder
Brilliance Pearlescent Jade, Thyme & Lime
Memento Pear Tart
Stickles Gold & Lime
Wobbler
6 x 6 white linen card blank
All available from:-

This week our retailer theme has been chosen for us by Teresa of Philpotts they are an online store with a lovely website and blog which is peppered with inspiration you can find them at Philpotts.com and don’t forget to visit there blog PhilpottsBlog you can also find them on Facebook.
 
It's time for a challenge from one of the Woodware Retailers this week & the theme is "A Midsummer's Day". To me the summer is at it's peak when all the flowers are in full bloom & the leaves are shimmering on the trees- but I guess that's the gardener in me coming out again!
 
I've chosen summer leaves as my theme  using the Curly Leaves set from Francoise Read. I've embossed the leaves using Detail gold powder onto a piece of card & painted with the 3 brilliance inkpads to give a gorgeous shimmery effect. Now cut them out & set aside while you prepare the card blank. I've folded this gatefold style & I've stamped the acorns & sentiment using Pear Tart. I've sponged around the edges using Brilliance Thyme. Attach the 2 smaller cut out leaves with 3D foam pads & the larger one I have attached using a "Wobbler" which gives great movement. To finish I've stamped the sentiment  from Delightful Verses inside the card & added some tiny dots of Stickles on the leaves & the card blank itself.



No comments:

Post a Comment