Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Tool I Love to Use


Materials used:-
Punches
2" circle & label
3" circle
Leonie Em Multi Ray & Maidenhair Fern
Corner daisy 
1" & mini Beech Leaf

FRS169 Little Messages
Perfect Prints pad-Heritage
Dreamweaver LL566 Flower in a Bottle
Brilliance Pearlescent Beige
Versafine Vintage Sepia
All available from:-www.woodware.co.uk

Your Exmouth Woodware stockist is:-
Liberty Crafts
33 Exeter Road
Exmouth
EX8 1PJ
01395 273238
libertycraft33@yahoo.co.uk

Do you have a favourite tool? Something you reach for time & again? If I'm honest the thing that I'd be lost without is a scruffy old craft knife long past it's cutting days but it's so useful for poking, peeling, scraping,piercing etc. etc. I do love my punches though & they do add another dimension  to stamped projects or even a design of their own.
The first time I made these punched chrysanthemums was in a workshop with our own Jane & she scared me to death she seemed so stern but we all know she's a pussy cat! Don't look too closely Jane they're not as good as yours now!
The flowers are made by punching 10 pieces from the Multi Ray Sun punch & giving them cup character with a shaper. You then layer them inside each other to form the chrysant shape.
I've covered a 6" x 6" card blank with some of the lovely paper from the Perfect Prints pad. The "vase" is made from punching half a circle with both the circle punches. I've used the Dreamweaver stencil & Pearl Beige to add a little decoration to the vase, also I've sculpted it a little to add some shape. Now punch the leaves from some scraps of scrapbook papers before arranging the flowers & leaves in  the vase. 
I've used the daisy corner punch to make a border- just remove the guard & it becomes a border punch. The greeting comes from the new season's stamps from Francoise Read "Little Messages" which will prove to be very useful. 
I'll be having another look at punches in a few weeks so watch this space.

Don't forget to pop in & see Sarah at Liberty Crafts Exmouth where you will find all your Woodware products. 



No comments:

Post a Comment