Tuesday 15 July 2014

July's Sketch Challenge- Skinny Vase

Materials used:-
FRS304 Skinny Vase
JGCL574 Just Right For You
Tombow pens
Brilliance Graphite Black
Stardust Stickles
Purple Nailheads
A5 peach card blank
All available from:-
We have another challenge for you this week in the form of Woodware's monthly sketch. Earlier this week I was playing around with my Tombows  & a blending mat. Just lay down some colour from the pens on your blending mat, spritz with water & press a piece of card down onto it giving it a wiggle to move the colours around. Now sprinkle some rock or table salt over some patches & leave to thoroughly dry. You get some great random results & the discarded coloured salt is useful for shaker cards- just store in a jar!
So I've used a piece of my salty card & printed the Skinny Vase onto it with Brilliance. The colouring was also done with Tombows  & highlighted with Stardust Stickles. The "Happy Birthday" sentiment at the top is one of the lovely fine greetings which comes with the vase set. I've used Jane Gill's "Just Right For You" for the  panel & as the name suggests this great set has a sentiment which is just right for everyone.  As you can see I've stamped the little butterfly & coloured & cut it out to add to the greeting. I've added the finishing touches with some purple Nailheads. 
Here's the sketch why not enter this month's challenge.



Leave me a comment if you have a minute! Please!!

No comments:

Post a Comment