Monday 21 July 2014

Summer using mixed media



Products used:-
JGCL 574 Just Right For You
Stampendous CRS5034 Cottage Rose
Dreamweaver LJ825 Jungle Leaves
Brilliance Pearlescent Thyme & Olive
Tombow pens
Stampendous Crystal embossing powder
Micron pen
Mark Richards Clusters s/a gems
Stickles Xmas Red, Orange Peel & Lime
8" x 8" card blank
Black & lime card to layer
All available from:-



The theme this week is "Summer or Body Beautiful- Mixed Media". I've chosen "Summer" (there isn't anything beautiful about my body!!!)
I've chosen the Stampendous "Cottage Rose" which I have stamped onto a piece of card which I created a while back while I was playing with my Tombows & some rock salt. Lay down some colours from the pens onto a blending mat, spritz with water & press a piece of card onto it. While the colours are  still very wet sprinkle some rock salt  (or table salt) on top & leave to dry- you'll get some great random results.
After printing the rose I did some Zentangle designs onto some of the petals & parts of the leaves. This gave the rose a tattooed effect I thought. The words come from "Just Right For You" a great stamp set to suit any occasion & for scrapbooking too. I then covered the whole piece with crystal powder & heated to give a glazed sparkly effect.
The card blank was completely covered with a piece of lime card which I had stencilled using the Jungle Leaves & Brilliance inkpads.
To finish attach the rose to the card blank, add  some of the "Clusters" & some dots of Stickles to the Zentangling.
















No comments:

Post a Comment