Saturday 29 March 2014

Working with Acetate

 
Materials used:-
FRS153 Happiness Is
FRS259 Curly Butterfly
Stazon Jet Black
Versafine Onyx Black
Brilliance "Aurora"
Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens
Acetate
Crystal glitter
S/A Clusters
Black Stickles
Washi type decorative paper tape
All available from :-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
We're using acetate this week which has many uses. You can have a complete acetate card, an over layer, a window card, a shaker card, you can dry emboss it (Cuttlebug etc) & you can stamp onto it as I have for my design this week. Of course if you do stamp you would have to use the dreaded Stazon -never my inkpad of choice!! I've used Francoise new "Curly Butterfly" which when stamped onto acetate, coloured with Sakura pens & cut out looks pretty good. I waited until the Gelly Roll glaze was about to be dry as I didn't want the crystal glitter to block the transparency of the acetate too much. I also gently bent the wings of the butterfly upwards to give it life & added some black Stickles to the body ( this needed to dry over night)
Now for the card blank itself I cut an A4 horizontally, sliced a piece off the right hand side before scoring & re assembling. I just love the "Happiness Is" verse & the little butterfly stamps which come with it which I have stamped with Aurora.
There are some nice sentiments which come with the Curly Butterfly to which I have used on the left side of the card at the top & bottom . The finishing touches come in the form of some pretty paper tape, some soft sponging around the edges of the card blank & some large s/a gems from the "Clusters" pack by Mark Richards. Go on get your acetate out of that drawer!!
 


2 comments:

  1. A lovely card Debs. I have left a comment on the Woodware blog.
    (I don't like Stazon either!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comments Christina - I'm glad it's not just me with Stazon!! x

    ReplyDelete