Friday 10 January 2014

Retirement

Materials used:-
JGCL556 Hours Fly By
FRS244 Country Fields
12 x 12  scrapbook paper Oslo 7
Versafine Vintage Sepia
Card Candis Westminster
6" x 6" card blank
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
Happy New year to you all hope you had a good Christmas too. Isn't it great to get back to normal? Hope you had some good crafting goodies in your stocking!
Don't know about you but I always find it hard to get going again after all the Christmas cards for months beforehand. We're starting off gently with this first blog of the year with the theme of retirement (is Dorothy trying to tell me something??). I've just stamped the lovely "Country Fields" single stamp from Francoise Read onto some direct to paper treated card using Vintage Sepia. I wanted to keep a monochromatic feel to the design  so I've just highlighted with a coloured pencil. I've cut up the image into equal squares & re assembled it onto dark brown card which gives the impression of looking out of a window.
Now simply mount onto the Oslo paper & add the sentiment from Jane Gills set "Hours Fly By" which I thought very suitable for the occasion. To finish just add some Candis.  Retirement? I wish!!
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Lovely card Debbie, this method of cutting up and putting back together againis really effective! And I always like simple shades of a colour likebthis too, its very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like your choice of image for this card..says a lot about how I picture my eventual retirement...I'll take it tomorrow if it could be arranged! my first workshop this year is.....Christmas cards! Inspired by those handmade ones I received...I must say! there was a lot of inspiration so it wasn't too hard to come up with them!

    ReplyDelete