Friday 18 October 2013

October Sketch Challenge

 
Materials used:-
Dreamweaver stencil Scarecrow (LG686)
FRS254 Curly Leaves
Dreamweaver matt white embossing paste
Tombow pens
Detail clear embossing powder
Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves
Card Candis
1" oak leaf punch
A5 card blank
All available from:-
Your local Exmouth stockist is:-
 

Time to get the Dreamweaver stencils out this week for the October sketch challenge. I've been looking for an excuse to use this cute scarecrow & with the season of harvest/autumn/Halloween upon us I thought he fitted very well. I pasted him onto brown card (pop over to the Dream team at Dreamweaver http://www.dreamweaverstencils.com/  if you aren't familiar with  embossing with pastes &  stencils or have a look at my Blog hop week a while ago). When completely dry I coloured with Tombow pens, however  these do not dry on the embossing paste so to over come this simply cover the image with clear embossing powder & heat to seal in the colours.
For the card background I have stamped with some of the lovely leaves from the "Curly Leaves" set from Francoise Read. I've used a Kaleidacolor pad (Autumn Leaves) which suits the design very well & the sentiment also comes from the stamp set as do the acorns on the strip behind it. To finish I've layered our little scarecrow onto orange & dark red card & added some orange Card Candis with some punched oak leaves for that real pumpkin feel. Happy Halloween.  
 Here's a closer look at the scarecrow

 
The original sketch


No comments:

Post a Comment