Monday 30 September 2013

Alter it, recycle it just don't ignore it!!


Materials used:-
Woodware wooden clock face with movement (15cms)
JGS304 Kim's Coppice
Stampendous CRG071 Oak border
Versafine Vintage Sepia
Tombow pens
Stickles:- Orange Peel & Lime Green
1" oak leaf punch
All available from:-
Your local Woodware stockist is:-
 
Our mission this week is recycle or alter. You know, that plain notebook we've been promising to do something with, that little box you picked up from somewhere & squirrelled away, that wooden photo frame past it's sell by date. They can all be turned into little works of art in their own right.
I've taken one of the new Woodware clocks which have their own working included & instructions as to how to put them together. They are plain wood  so are just begging to be turned in to your own little piece of fun.
I started by cutting a piece of card the size of the base which I stamped with the trees & message with Vintage Sepia. You may want to draw a faint pencil line with the rim piece so that you know that your stamping is going to come within the clock face. As you will notice I haven't bothered with numbers we all can tell the time right?
For the rim of the clock I first gave it a couple of coats of acrylic paint & when completely dry distressed the surface with a Woodware distressing file. I used the cute Oak border again (I just love this stamp!!) and I just tore some strips of card, stamped, coloured & sponged the edges before attaching to the frame. Lastly I added some oak leaves using the punch & a touch of autumn sparkle with some Stickles. all that's left to so now is to assemble the clock when everything is completely dry.
 
Here's a closer look at the face.
 
 
Here's the "naked" clock!
 


1 comment:

  1. I love the clock Debbie - it goes with our Autumnal-themed window at the moment. The added punched leaves are just perfect on the rim of te clock and the quote - how true!

    ReplyDelete