Saturday 29 September 2012

Resist! Resist!


Shopping List
Magenta wooden block stamps:-
07436.p Holiday Text
35075.I Retro Snowflake Background
Color Box Queue Misty Meadow
Stampendous Detail Clear embossing powder
Versamark inkpad
1" snowflake punch
Diamond Stickles
S/A green pearls
6" square white card blank
All available from:-

Your local stockist is:-
Japonica
22 The Parade
Exmouth 
EX8 1RW
01395 271739

This weeks technique is one of my favourites but you know what? I'd completely forgotten about it- like you do!! This technique involves embossing with clear or white embossing powder & then sponging over the entire area with your chosen inks or suitable paints. It's great for creating backgrounds. I have started with the Snowflake stamp & randomly stamped all over with the Versamark pad & embossed with clear powder. The Colorbox Queue inks are great for this as they are already co-ordinated for you.The shades in the Misty Meadow set are:-
Warm Violet
Wisteria
Ice Jade
Aquamarine
French Blue
There are a whole variety of other colourways to choose from so check out the Woodware website. I do find it helpful to wipe my piece of card with an Anti Static bag as this removes any marks or smudges which your embossing powder may cling to causing speckling. When my embossing was done I simply sponged with my inks taking care to work the ink into the areas around the wording. As you will see (as the title suggests) the embossed images resist the ink & if you have used a clear powder you will see the colour of the card showing through. You can very gently wipe over the embossing with a soft cloth to really remove the ink. To finish I have kept it simple & just layered my main piece onto white card before adding  2 punched snowflakes with pearls & a little sparkle with some Stickles.

Don't forget you can see this design and many more on display at Japonica!

1 comment: