Thursday 5 April 2012

Look what you can do with peel offs!!

Today I've been demonstrating at Japonica again featuring just one particular peel off & using a variety of techniques. Below are the cards that I have designed & the technique that I have used to create each one. The peel off I have used is one designed by Francoise Read & it's "Clematis" 94274 from Woodware. The sentiments come from a peel off from Stampendous called "Tiny Words"


I have placed the peel off onto ivory vellum & coloured on the rear with Tombow markers to produce a more muted effect. I have then added some dry embossing using a ball tool & moulding mat.


For this design I have used the silver version of the peel off & have coloured it with permanent markers (not water based markers)  before removing from the backing strip. 

For this one I was back to my favourite Sakura Stardust pens. I placed the peel off onto ivory card & used the pens directly onto the flowers, leaves & butterfly. For the blue areas I have added some colour around the edges & "bled" it in using a water brush.


I have used direct to paper technique for the background for the peel off panel using pink, soft orange & lilac chalk inkpads. After placing the peel off I have coloured the design using ink direct from Brilliance inkpads & applying with a water brush. I have used Pearlescent Purple, Rocket Red Gold & Pearlescent Olive & Thyme.

For my last design I have placed the peel off very carefully onto a piece of acetate. I have used Sakura Gelly Roll Glaze pens to colour the design as these work very well on acetate. The acetate panel has been secured to the card blank using some black brads which have been desguised by the addition of the great dots from the peel off which come in various sizes.

All materials mentioned above are available from http://www.woodware.co.uk/ & your local stockist is
Japonica
22, The Parade
Exmouth

3 comments:

  1. Love them all Debs, so many different looks from the one peel off, you have been busy!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that they are very clever, getting all those different looks.

    ReplyDelete