Friday 4 November 2011

Pick up a penguin!

Shopping List
Woodware peel offs
90114 Penguins in black
90100 Snowflakes micro glitter silver/silver
Christmas Verses-JGCL551
Candy bonbons
Crystal glitter
Sakura gel pens
 Double sided adhesive sheet
Small diamantes
Versafine inkpad
All available from:-

Our theme this week is to use just one layer which is so hard to do when you're a matting & layering junkie like me. I've chosen this effective black peel off as you just can't have Christmas without a  penguin or two can you? I've placed the peel off directly onto the two outer sides of  a A4 trifold card blank and stamped the greeting from Christmas Verses onto the centre panel.I've used a different greeting from the same set along the top and bottom of the card. Cover this with a strip of DSA sheet, randomly add some small diamantes & then sprinkle with crystal glitter to give the whole border a frosty effect. Beware that you must use crystal glitter as any other will oscure the whole image. I have coloured the penguin scenes with Sakura gel pens and again sprinkled with crystal glitter.For the final touches I have added  some sparkling snowflakes with sky blue Candy Bonbons in the centres of some. Brrrrr!!




1 comment:

  1. I really think that you have caught the spirit of the penguins in this design!

    ReplyDelete